The Army National Guard is Looking for Soldiers for its New Security Force Assistance Brigade by Meghann Myers - Army Times
The Guard, according to its website, is getting ready to fill those spots.
Dubbed the 54th Security Force Assistance Brigade, according to the site, it will have six battalions in five southern and Midwestern states. That name, however, is apparently pre-decisional.
“Official naming decisions for the ARNG SFAB are still being staffed for approval through Army senior leadership,” according to Lt. Col. Wes Parmer, a spokesman for the Army National Guard.
The 6th SFAB, as Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley has called it, will be organized as such:
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company at Stout Field Armory in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 1st Battalion (Infantry) at Columbus Armory in Columbus, Georgia.
- 2nd Battalion (Infantry) in Pinellas Park, Florida.
- 3rd Battalion (Cavalry) in Gainesville, Florida.
- 4th Battalion (Field Artillery) at Dallas Red Bird Readiness Center in Dallas, Texas.
- 5th Battalion (Engineering) at Defense Supply Center Columbus in Columbus, Ohio.
- 6th Battalion (Support) at Rock Island Arsenal in Rock Island, Illinois.