The Operational Environment in 2035: Mad Scientist Writing Contest
[Editor’s Note: Crowdsourcing is an effective tool for harvesting ideas, thoughts, and concepts from a wide variety of interested individuals, helping to diversify thought and challenge conventional assumptions. Mad Scientist is pleased to announce the first of our FY20 writing contests — Read on!]
The Army’s Mad Scientist Initiative wants to harness your diverse intellects to mine new knowledge and imagine the possibilities of the Operational Environment in 2035.
Deadline for submission is 1 March 2020.
• Nonfiction only.
• Submissions must be unclassified, unpublished, and cleared by your public affairs office and operations security managers (USG & as applicable).
• Maximum 2000 words/12 point font.
• Team or individual entries welcome.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
• What new skills and talent management techniques will be required by the Army in 2035?
• What does the information landscape look like in 2035? Infrastructure? Computing? Communication? Media?
• What can we anticipate in the Competition phase (below armed Conflict) and how do we prepare future Soldiers and Leaders for these challenges?
• What does strategic, operational, and tactical (relative) surprise look like in 2035?
• What does Multi-Domain Command and Control look like on the battlefield in 2035?
• How do we prepare for the second move in a future conflict?
• Which past battle or conflict best represents the challenges we face in the future and why?
• What technology or convergence of technologies could provide a U.S. advantage by 2050?
The author of the winning submission will be invited to present at a Mad Scientist event in 2020. Select semi-finalists will be published on the Mad Scientist Laboratory blog site or on one of our partner sites.
NOTE: NO Department of Defense affiliation is required for submission. This Community is open to EVERYONE. Help shape the Army’s view of future Multi-Domain Operations and perspectives on the future OE.
I perfectly understand that…
I perfectly understand that this portal is about wars, but it seems to me that the type of war described in this article is hardly possible in 2035. And the reason why this is not possible is very logical to me - the presence of nuclear weapons. In general, let's better forget about the wars, and enjoy today. And in the present we have a lot of beautiful and exciting things. For example, thanks to platforms like trabajar webcam we can chat with girls from all over the world. At the same time, you don’t even need to go outside, and you don’t even need a computer - you download a mobile application, and you are already enthusiastically writing to the girls you like.
Writing contest is really…
Writing contest is really great opportunities for the development of writing skills and creativity. The organization did an excellent job providing skills for being a better writer. The cam chat lets the people know how to get connected with the world so that they could enjoy their online browsing time with their partners!
Very cool! I love taking…
Very cool! I love taking part in writing contests. The last time I won first place in a competition like this, I was very pleased with the result. But I'm not surprised that this happened, because I work as an academic writer at https://wowgrade.net/ and improve my writing skills every day.