The Special Operations Research Association is pleased to announce the 2015 Annual Symposium, 11-12 December 2015, at Fort Walton Beach, FL. Events will be held on base at Hurlburt Field as well as at the beautiful Emerald Coast Conference Center on Okaloosa Island.
While we have several interesting events planned for the symposium, the primary focus is on the exchange of ideas through scholarly presentations by researchers, policy makers, and operators on the broad range of issues facing the SOF community today and in the future. We invite papers across the full range of issues related to special operations, both historically and today and in the US and globally. We encourage submissions from a diverse population of those with expertise and interests in special operations, including academic researchers, military practitioners, and policy analysts.
Potential topics include:
• National Strategy Implications of Special Operations
• The Global Proliferation of SOF
• The Debate of Special Operations Theory
• Educating SOF
• Unconventional Warfare and International Relations
• Special Operations and Non-State Actors
• Special Operations and International Diplomacy
• Comparative Perspectives on Special Operations
• Diffusion, Transformation, and Future Trends in Special Operations
• Special Operations as a Foreign Policy Tool
• Special Operations and Coercive Diplomacy
For more information, and to see the complete call for papers, please visit the SORA Web Site.