Call for Papers - 2015 Annual Special Operations Research Association Symposium, 11-12 December, 2015, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
This announcement is on behalf of the Special Operations Research Association.
The Special Operations Research Association (SORA) is pleased to announce a call for papers, panels, and roundtables for the 2015 SORA symposium, 11-‐12 December, 2015 at Fort Walton Beach/Hurlburt Field, Florida. Events will be held on base at Hurlburt Field as well as the Emerald Coast Conference Center on Okaloosa Island.
The primary focus of the event is on the exchange of ideas through scholarly presentations by researchers, policy makers, and operators on the broad range of issues facing the SOF community today and in the future. SORA invites papers across the full range of issues related to special operations, both historically and today and in the US and globally.
Potential topics for papers, panels, and roundtables include:
- National Strategy Implications of Special Operations
- The global proliferation of SOF
- The debate of Special Operations theory
- Educating SOF
- Unconventional Warfare and International Relations
- Special Operations and Non-State Actors
- Special Operations and International Diplomacy
- Comparative Perspectives on Special Operations
- Diffusion, Transformation, and Future Trends in Special Operations
- Special Operations as a Foreign Policy Tool
- Special Operations and Coercive Diplomacy
Proposals should consist of a title, abstract (150-300 words), contact information (name, affiliation, address, phone, email), and 1-page CV. Along with your proposal, please indicate if you would be willing to serve as a panel chair or discussant at the conference.
This year SORA is using a rolling acceptance policy, meaning they will try to get your paper accepted within 1-2 weeks of submission, if not sooner. This will allow people to make the necessary plans to participate at the conference. All proposals should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is available at SORA’s website.